miércoles, 25 de agosto de 2010

A Love Story?

In the first two parts from The Knight's Tale, a different type of writing jumps to view. And by different I refer to something unusual, at least in my personal experience. It is not often that I read a text with this characteristics, and by this I intend to describe beyond the historical context in which it was written or its organization and structure, onto the words themselves. As I concluded my reading I wondered how it took so long to read such a simple story. How can it take a thousand lines to tell a love story like any other? Maybe it is not a love story. It might as well be a story of oneself in the midst of an impossible love. No, i do not intend to ignore the romantic situation, but i intend to go beyond that into Theseus: his personality. I couldn't help notice how he appeared to be perfect after all. Yes, he was the author of the tragedy, but in the midst of it all he goes out idolized. His mistakes (if they may be called such) happen to be the product of ignorance or any other reason, but never obscure intentions. It is from one moment to another that the evil Theseus becomes a hero as he shows understanding and compassion for the two trespassers. This can only take my skeptic mind into question. Who is writing these tales? It is obvious, at least to me, that there is some heightening of characters going on. What's going on?

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario